William Smith Art Therapy Fundraiser

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Art for Africa Complete. . . and onto Phase 2: Extended Visa


ART FOR AFRICA FUNDRAISER EVENT: JULY 17TH: STAVER LOCOMOTIVE WAREHOUSE

And so it begins, my journey towards South Africa that is. The "AFA" event was a great success on many levels and I owe it all to the participating artists, musicians, friends and family that came out and showed their love and support for an amazing cause. I was truly impressed and inspired by the level of creative energy in that big warehouse and loved gazing upon such beautiful art while hearing an assortment of sweet tunes that ranged from African drumming to violin to folk and back again. Thank you all for coming out and donating towards the Community Arts Therapy Programme that I will be working with in Cape Town, SA in just 6 weeks time (count down is on)! When all was said and done we raised over $2,000 from the evening! I will be sure to keep you posted as to what types of programming and art supplies this will go towards once I land in Africa! Not much else to report, except next week I get a physical and TB test in preparation for getting my VISA. Exciting stuff.

P.S. As of today, I just posted an album of 200 photos from the Art for Africa evening. Be sure to see them here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583770781#!/album.php?aid=192962&id=521758120&ref=mf

And one more side-note: If you couldn't make it out to the event but still would like to donate, it's not too late. Simply click on the "Donate" Paypal link on the top or bottom of this blog! Art therapy in South Africa thanks you kindly and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment